IndieGoGo Crowd Fun campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/skyrim
“Skyrim: To Lydia with Love” is a fan-made parody about the companion we love to hate, and my ode to an incredible video game. As a geeky creator, I had a lot of fun making the first film, from writing the script to building my own costumes to shooting to post-production. I was very happy with the level of quality we put into it and the response Skyrim fans gave. Thank you!
Now I want to create two new parodies for you guys… AND I want all of you to be involved in their making. Every dollar you donate will help fund the production, and I’m offering some pretty cool perks in exchange for the love. Higher levels mean credits IN the film… hundreds of thousands of eyes will be on you as the kick ass supporter of the century! Something we will make you proud of.
Popularity of the first parody
- SKYRIM: To Lydia with Love went viral with over 20,000 views in less than 24hrs.
- Featured on over 20 popular geek news and video game websites….the first week.
- Over 150,000 views in less than a month – currently 340,000+ views (several thousand per day)
- 1280+ comments / 4,300+ likes
* Not bad for creating this in my living room with zero budget and handmade duct taped armor! 😉
Some of the perks/credits I’m offering
- Credits in the parodies + IMDB
- 30 min Skype “anything you want to ask” Q&A from me
- Custom-painted game controllers
- Hand-crafted leather armor and replica costumes
- Autographed, full color Trilogy Companion book – film stills, costumes, behind-the-scenes & storyboards
- Movies & Special features on DVD
- Digital wallpapers & Movie downloads
- Custom-illustrated “Lydia! What the F#@K!” t-shirt
For Press: SWAG for sharing!
Press Release: http://bit.ly/K34MCE
Write a blog post and receive a DVD of all three short films + an autographed, full color mini flip book of “Skyrim: To Lydia with Love” created from film stills. Plus a custom illustrated “Lydia! What the F#@K!” sticker and personal thank you card! (digital films also available as preferred)
* Shoot me the link! (and a mailing address!)
Use the Form Below to Leave a Reply